Summer is here and it’s time to take a look around your home to see what, if any, preventative maintenance is needed. With this checklist and a couple of weekends you’ll feel secure knowing that your home is being well-maintained.
5 Tips To Maintaining Your Home
- According to experts like Control Techs NW, a yearly inspection of your HVAC system should keep air flowing nicely through your home, at the temperature you prefer. Getting a regular air conditioner repair service will ensure that your AC unit is running at it’s maximum efficiency. You can do this yourself or hire a professional like Nance Services to make it easy. At the very least, change the air filter (this really should be done monthly). Visit https://siriuspac.com/ to see if they can cater your area. When your AC unit suddenly breaks down, there are 24 hour ac repair services you can contact to have it fixed in no time.
- Evaluate the siding, particularly if it is wood, on your home. Repair any that has been exposed to moisture before it becomes a larger issue and complete any needed painting while the weather is warm.
- Check the slant and grade of the ground around your home. It should flow away from the foundation, not towards it, to avoid flooding and puddles during storms. It’s also essential that you conduct foundation repair at least once a year, even if you are not experiencing any obvious damage or problems with your house’s foundation.
- Consider pruning plants and determining the health of large trees to avoid future problems.
- Get a roof inspection and check the other parts of the house such as the attic, crawl space, basement, and fireplace chimney, making sure all pieces and parts are securely attached to avoid leaks and further damage. If roof damages were found, carefully select the roofing contractors that will do the repairs.
Checking over these areas in your home and making any necessary repairs will allow to enjoy your weekends more this summer and take advantage of any available sunshine! Enjoy the warm weather!